FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

My work- warning, image heavy

Go down

My work- warning, image heavy

Post  Sarah on Fri May 23, 2008 2:25 am

Thought I'd post some of the stuff I make.

Firstly, this is me- I'm on the far righthand side in the striped shirt. The next two people to my immediate left are my best friends, matt and stephanie. The other people are steph's roommates.

This is my four-legged best friend, Sofi. Smile

And now onto the art... These are scholastic pieces, in other words, they're academic and created for the purpose of submitting into my senior portfolio for graduation. As a major, I study as a fine artist (with the academic title being "integrated studio artist") with an emphasis on illustration and metalsmithing. Yes, I metalsmith. Wanna fight about it?

First up in my 3d group (Keep in mind, I am a horrible photographer- but photographing some of these pieces is incredibly difficult..), a cold-joined pendant of a dragoncrow named Poe. The base plate is brass, etched with ferric-chloride with paintpen as a resist. The rivets are hand made and had to be drawn out to a bizarre guage to fit the holes, heh. The beak and tail are solid sterling silver. This was cut with a jeweller's saw.

This is a solid sterling silver ring made from a 16 guage plate. The feet on the ring are soldered on. The ring is size 7.

A series of cups. These are off-wheel constructed, made of stoneware clay. The glaze is dani celadon, copper red was used but the glaze had gone bad and burned off.

Titled "Gecko Keeper"; the paper this is drawn on is 18x24", but the drawing itself is somewhere around 19x14". 6B graphite.

This was a monochromatic study in orange, done with prismacolor pencil. The paper here is again, 18x24", but as you can see, it is relatively small. I do not remember the dimensions. This drawing is over 30 hours of work.

Detail photo

Portrait of a student in graphite. 6B pencil, 18x24" paper. His name is dan

Yeah.. I can sew too I guess. This is 3x3" on white linen using 2 ply embroidery thread. 30+ hours of work, again. I know it's not impressive, but this kind of non-machine sewing work is incredibly tedious. My fingers were ruined after this project. I don't know how old people do this shit all the time.

A contour line study. 6B graphite.

Details

Here's some cutie stuff, these things from now on are non-academic. I used to play world of warcraft, this was my draenei priestess before she got decent gears.

Little Sofi, drawn from life. HB graphite on 11x14" strathmore.

Commission.

Medivh, a character in Warcraft.

More world of warcraft stuff. This was a portrait of my guild's officers. I am the naked night elf kissing the human girl, I had a night elf druid. And yes I was an officer myself, so I wasn't including myself just cause it was my drawing xD;

Sad day. yeah I draw anime style once or twice

A friend's shaman.

Kestrel (one of my characters) as a human being.

Iono

Kestrel Kyttril Shatterwind, my oldest and most personal character I have created. She has her own race and an entire world, but I don't feel like explaining it right now. xD;

Another of Kestrel

Random sprite edit.. xD;

That's all I feel like posting right now really. If I make more artwork, I'll post it.

Sarah
Poring

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My work- warning, image heavy

Post  CrimsonBlitz on Fri May 23, 2008 3:52 am

i was meaning to ask before, what's with the little duck randomly in the lesbian elf-human scene~ <3
CrimsonBlitz
ADMIN

Male
Number of posts : 395
Job/hobbies : Guild Leader
Humor : Goofy
Registration date : 2007-11-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah on Fri May 23, 2008 5:46 am

lol, the ducks are rubber ducks... I forget what that was about, but the spiders are vagina spiders. we had really weird and interesting guild conversations, vagina spiders was a euphemism for a girl on her period

Sarah
Poring

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Miakiru on Tue May 27, 2008 6:06 pm

YOU are win and I am crazy impressed. O___O;

PLEASE SHOW ME MORE T_T

Miakiru